It’s time for you to open your closet to start spring cleaning. Similarly from a technology perspective, ask yourself,
- Do I have old applications that need to be cleaned out and modernized?
Obsolete development platforms prevent legacy technologies from meeting the emerging needs of the tech savvy world. Migration of legacy applications to the latest technologies including .NET and Cloud Computing has become an inevitable. When thinking of new technologies, consider a migration methodology which accommodates your legacy technology without hiccups. The Microsoft .NET platform has become the premier choice for migrating legacy technologies like Visual FoxPro (VFP), Visual Basic 6 (VB6), Classic ASP, and Clipper.
The top five reasons why legacy application migration is inevitable:
- Development and maintenance costs
- Diminishing pool of skilled resources
- Difficulty maintaining hardware systems
- Incompatibility to integrate with new technology systems
- Inadequate scalability and flexibility
Macrosoft works with globally with companies to migrate their mission critical applications. Migrating legacy applications brings many advantages:
- Mitigation of business risks and improved system performance
- Ease of maintenance of supported applications
- Reduction of ownership costs
- Minimizing system dependencies
- Increased data portability
- Enhanced operational efficiencies
- Availability of skilled professionals
Macrosoft has processes, methodologies and tools that we used to guide companies migrating older technologies to new platforms. Contact us to learn about our methodology, our process and our tools so that you can be ready not just for today but the future.