In this technology-driven era, every company relies on its business applications to gain competitive advantage. To derive the best out of your mission-critical applications, it should be made interoperable, manageable and flexible to create business value. Are you looking for a facelift for your aging business critical applications? Then, it’s the right time to make your application’s web enabled, this will definitely bring up better performance to your business. Next, you should decide the platform for your Web application, Web development should be complemented with easy and cost-effective deployment and maintenance.
When it comes to web development, .NET framework is a hackneyed term for technology enthusiasts as this Microsoft technology has revolutionized the web application development space. The .NET platform provides powerful, cost-effective framework to build innovative solutions for better ROI. .NET framework has evolved over the years and helps in building flexible and scalable business solutions and has become the ultimate choice to replace the aging or phased out technologies such as FoxPro, VFP, VB, Classic ASP, Clipper, etc.
So what makes .NET framework a good choice for your web application development? Here we list the features and components associated with the .NET framework that makes it unique:
- Common Language Runtime (CLR) is a runtime environment which manages code execution and simplifies the development process. The code which runs under CLR is called managed code as it takes care of memory management and thread management.
- Framework Class Library (FCL) or Base Class Library allows the developer to import the library and use predefined methods and properties to implement complex functions.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) provides a graphical subsystem for rendering user interfaces in Windows based applications.
- Microsoft Silverlight platform helps developers to build rich and interoperable web applications that can even help in the development of media intensive websites.
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) framework helps in easily building service-oriented applications.
- Language Integrated Query (LINQ) provides methods and translation rules helps in building query expressions.
- Entity Framework helps in development and maintenance of data-oriented applications with minimal coding when compared to traditional applications that require a lot of coding.
- Windows Identity Framework (WIF) allows developers to build identity-aware applications that provide better application security and interoperability.
- Reactive Extensions of .NET frameworks comes with a managed library of APIs for developing reactive applications.
.NET framework provides a consistent programming model that is language independent and allows users to select the best language that fits their application requirements. .NET runtime allows application development in multiple languages and can potentially run on any operating platform. The .NET framework helps in achieving better performance through caching services, just-in-time compilation, early binding, native optimization and is easy to deploy and maintain. With web server controlling the pages on an on-going basis, .NET helps in developing a more reliable web application.
Are you looking to change your aging legacy application to a reliable framework? Contact us for more information on .NET development services or migration of legacy application to .NET.